cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a (reference to a) process

ErikChristoffer
Level 3
Hi,

​In the Studio (v6.5.012573) I CTRL+dragged a process to a different folder. I got a plus sign and made a copy (I thought). It seems to be a reference to the original process. I know it is a reference, because the version history stays the same of both processes after an update to the original process.

How can I delete this newly created reference? I do not want to delete the original process when I delete this reference. I tried to do this, but luckily it gave me an error.

Regards, Erik

------------------------------
Erik Christoffer
Developer
InsingerGilissen
Europe/Amsterdam
5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10
This is definitely a bug, Even I've encountered it, I exported the process individually, deleted it in BP and re-imported it.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It's not a bug, but it's a pretty intuitive feature that I'm really not keen on. CTRL+drag does not create a copy, it creates a reference to the same process. Why you would want to have multiple references to one process, I can't think. But to remove the reference, you right click and say Remove from Folder.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

​Hi John,

I wanted to make a normal copy of the proces to start a new proces. My 2nd try was using the save as in within the process and giving it a different name in the Main tab.

Deleting the process as described worked, thanks!

I tried to do the same, but there is a bug I guess:

I selected the group where the process resides, the right pane lists all the processes from this group.
Right clicking on a process from this list and deleteing it from the group, will move it to the default group.

If you select the default group, it lists the precesses again in the right pane. If you right click the proces from there and want to remove it from the group, it stays there.
That's what I tried this morning and thought I did something wrong.. Looks like deleting from a group only works in the tree view on the left when in the default group.

Regards and thanks,
Erik

Erik Christoffer
Developer
InsingerGilissen
Europe/Amsterdam

Hi Erik

Save As is the only was to make a true copy and CTRL/drag into another creates a reference to the orignal. If you feel there is a bug (including any poor or illogical UI design) then please raise a ticket.

Deleting a process is only possible when there are no sessions associated with it, and this includes and runs you may have done via the diagram. To remove sessions, go to System>Archiving and find the sessions in the right-hand tree. The select Archive or Delete to remove them from the DB. After that, you should be able to delete the process (but be warned, there is no undo after that).

John

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Ticket created ;-)​

Erik Christoffer
Developer
InsingerGilissen
Europe/Amsterdam