cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download File from Sharepoint

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, We were trying to download a file from Sharepoint and it always throws exception during stating "An exception occured during a WebClient Request". We have configured this Download file with an web application too with the below configurations too: 1. Source URL (any Web URL say - http://www.textfiles.com/food/1st_aid.txt/ our inhouse sharepoint URL) 2. Destination Path (A local folder) It fails for any of the above configuration. Pls help in diagnosing the issue. Thanks Priya
4 REPLIES 4

paul_fraser
Level 3
Hi, Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the exact same error when using the File Management VBO

Figured part of this out. I needed to specify the file name aswell as the path. So in Destination Path you need [File Path]&[File Name] . Just incase anyone gets stuck in future

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to Upload a file from Local folder to a specific folder in sharepoint? I do not have Sharepoint installed on my local machine. I just have access to it through Internet Explorer(via URL). I do not want to do this using Application modeler. I have a requirement to do this with Code. Any idea how to do this? kindly help me with the exact code and dlls/namespace required