cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Scheduler

ManasJena
Level 6
Hi All,

I have below use case to be addressed.Using OOTB Scheduler functionality I don't find a way how to achieve this. I have looked at Dynamic Scheduler from Blue Prism .I couldn't find a resolution with that.

1-     Process A will run on RuntimeResource P04 from 1st working day till 10th working day of a month every month

2-     Process B will run on RuntimeResource P04 from 15th (mid of month) till end of month every month

3-     Process B will run in every 3 hours

Please suggest if there is a way out.

------------------------------
Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
This is a common request for people looking for advanced scheduler functionality. You can't really use Scheduler features by itself to achieve what you want. The easiest way I've found is to put logic at the beginning of the process where it checks whether or not it should run that day and then schedule it to start every single day. It's up to you how you want it to check whether it should run. Some people use an Excel spreadsheet and others just put Calendar logic in the process.

I really hate to suggest this, but you could also technically create a bunch of schedules, one for each day. It might be a good April Fools joke, but I don't think it would be amusing to the person who has to manage the schedules. 😃

What about the Dynamic Scheduler idea didn't work for you? I know that requires a fair amount of set up, and there are other complications too.

Seriously, though, the easiest way is just to have your processes start every day and then end immediately if they're not supposed to run for that day.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA