cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error about maxiumu concurrent sessions permitted.

TracySchultz
Level 6
This is the full error  I'm getting "Task: Login - Session creation failed on resource 'RPARUN1': Failed to create session on RPARUN1 - The requested operation is not permitted, because the license currently in use does not permit it.The maximum number of concurrent sessions permitted by the"

Our license allows two sessions and from what I can see there are no active sessions running. Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting items I can do to ascertain what is causing the issue? Everything was running fine on Friday.

------------------------------
Tracy Schultz
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, Tracy,

check your filter for pending sessions. This is usually the reason that you don't see active sessions running but pending sessions are blocking the license sessions. 

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Ended up having to restart the Blue Prism Server service, that was the only way to resolve it.

Tracy Schultz

@Tracy Schultz Good to hear it is resolved.  Did you happen to just add a new license? We usually only see a service restart to solve the issue when you have just added a new license.  If you did just add a new license, remove the old ones because they can also cause issues sometimes.  ​

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

No it wasn't due to that as the last time we installed a license was late last year from what I found.

Tracy Schultz