cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding Concurrent Sessions in Blue Prism

esaugos
Level 6

I am writing to seek clarification regarding the handling of concurrent sessions in Blue Prism. My current license permits only one concurrent session at a time. During a recent test process executed in the control room, I observed a discrepancy between running the process manually and executing it through the scheduler. I am using Blue Prism Version v6.10.5.

1. Manual Execution (Drag and Drop into Runtime Resource):
When I manually drag and drop the test process into a runtime resource, I am unable to run the test process on multiple Runtime Resources if it is already running on one of them as its prompts a License error which is fine and clear to me.

2. Scheduler Execution:
When I use the scheduler and select multiple runtime resources to execute the test process, I am able to run multiple sessions of the same test process on multiple runtimes simultaneously without any errors. This behavior appears to contradict the license limit of one concurrent session.

Please find the screenshots below for reference as mentioned above. I would appreciate your assistance in clarifying this matter.

Blue Prism License.jpgControl Room Execution by drag and dropping into Runtime resource.jpgMultiple Processes Running at the same time via Scheduler.jpgProcesses completed successfully without any License errors.jpgScheduled Sessions having Multiple Runtime Resources.jpg

Saurabh Goswami
8 REPLIES 8

sastharpa
MVP

HI @esaugos 

Good to see ur thread, that those concurrent sessions are working via scheduler! Great though for those who has limited license 🙂

What type of task you are running, Is it a background/foreground/exclusive task?

VL Ganesh
Tech Arch RPA

All the objects associated with that test process are running in exclusive mode.

Saurabh Goswami

Asilarow
MVP

When you are running them as admin, are you logged in to blue prism locally or through the application server? 

The licenses are applied per Database... so if you are running locally, you will have a local dev license applied.

The application server will be connecting to the database server, which will have a production license applied.

Andrzej Silarow

Hi @Asilarow ,

I am testing that process in one of the Interactive Clients which is connected to App Server and the App server is connected to Database.

Both the Blue Prism IC and App server are hosted within the Azure Production Tenant. I have separate Databases for Production and Dev tenants.

However, I am currently testing that process within the Production tenant.

Saurabh Goswami

Asilarow
MVP

Wow... ok, sounds like a bug to me 🙂

Andrzej Silarow

Which BP version is this?

Asilarow
MVP

@esaugos - have you raised a support ticket for this? Would be interesting to see what they say 🙂

Andrzej Silarow

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji ,

I am using 6.10.5

Saurabh Goswami
-->