cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error setting password on new BP Learning Installation

GeneKerls
Level 3
You may think the Prism Cat is cute, but I need to know what to look for to fix this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_a()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at AutomateUI.WelcomeWizard.h(Object iir, DoWorkEventArgs iis)

Thanks!!
Gene

------------------------------
Gene Kerls
4 REPLIES 4

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Gene.

Would you please provide more detail?  The "learning installation", is that the trial version from the web, version 6.6?  What are you trying to do exactly please?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Gene,

There is another thread with the similar error: Issues While Installing Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition 6.6 – EM > "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

Completely remove Blue Prism from your system and install Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition again:

If its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Finally, with the imminent release of Blue Prism 6.7, we have made changes which we think will prevent this issue occurring in future.  Namely, we've rewritten our code to enable the Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition to be updated to the latest version. 

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

I had V6.6 loaded, but I forgot what the password was to the database.  I was told through this forum, that since it was the "Learning" system the best thing to do was to delete everything and download a new copy.  I am trying to install that new copy and after setting the new password, I get a display that says everyting is ready and to click Next.  Upon clicking Next I get the display with the "Cute Cat" and the error message is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_a()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at AutomateUI.WelcomeWizard.h(Object iir, DoWorkEventArgs iis)

Thanks!!

Gene F Kerls

Gene.f.kerls@Accenture.com

Cell: 281 619-4402

Work: 713 483-9360

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com

------Original Message------

Hi Gene.

Would you please provide more detail?  The "learning installation", is that the trial version from the web, version 6.6?  What are you trying to do exactly please?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Gene.

Did you try following the advice from Chris yet?  Before doing anything else, take a look at the link Chris provided and follow along.  

If that does not work, we'll see what else we can figure out.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism