cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Maximum Numeric Value is not implemented for controls with class name 'ScrollBar'

OlenaGojak
Level 3
Hi,
Did somebody hit the error trying to use "Scroll by Amount" action for element of a "Scroll Bar" Type?
Error I'm getting says:
Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Scroll' on page 'Setup Benefit Provision' - Get Maximum Numeric Value is not implemented for controls with class name 'ScrollBar'

Appreciate any clues or suggestions.
Thanks

------------------------------
Olena Gojak
Sr Process Automation Developer
The Equitable Life of Canada
America/Toronto
7 REPLIES 7

Hello Olena, 

Can you please provide a bit more context so we can understand:

1. what you are trying to achieve?
2. What target application(s) are you working with?
3. What type of spying are you working with? have you tried different spying methods?
4. Are you using a Windows based system or Java, etc (more details about your setup)?
5. When does the error happen exactly?

Thanks, 

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Senior Product Consultant
Austin, Texas
Jorge Barajas Blue Prism Senior Product Consultant Austin, Texas

​Hi Jorge, Please see my answers bellow:

1. what you are trying to achieve? - BOT needs to use the scrollbar to bring hidden fields to visible state
2. What target application(s) are you working with? - It is a leagcy VB6 application called BMS
3. What type of spying are you working with? have you tried different spying methods? - The error happened with Wun32 spying method, I tried UIA and AA methods, but they cannot identify scrollbar as a whole control, just parts of it, such as Arrows etc.
4. Are you using a Windows based system or Java, etc (more details about your setup)? - our application is fat client installed on Windows platform.
5. When does the error happen exactly? - error happens in Navigate state while using either "Scroll By Amount" action or "Scroll To Maximum". Note, in Application Model  for this Element I choose "Scroll Bar" Element Type

Please, let me know if you need more info.
Thanks for looking into this.
Olena

Olena Gojak
Process Automation Developer
America/Toronto

Hi Olena,

Thanks for the additional details. It seems that you are just trying to scroll down to see fields you intend to work with later in your process. If UIA is not working well, try using Surface Automation to get your application to scroll down. 

Here are some guides to learn what SA is all about and how to get started with it: 

https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2018-04/Surface%20Automation%20-%20Basic%20Training.pdf

https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2018-04/Surface%20Automation%20-%20Advanced%20Training%20.pdf

Please note that you don't have to change all your spying to use SA, just the section that may help you achieve the scroll down mechanism. All other spying can stay the same if it's working well for you. 

Let me know if this helps.

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Austin, Texas

​Thanks for suggestions Jorge,

For the other methods, I have already tried UIA and AA with Arrow down, not whole scroll bar - found out that UIA works much slower than AA solution. Not sure why is that. Is Surface automation more reliable than AA on your opinion?

Still wondering why the Win32 action didn't work, as that seemed as much simpler solution.

Regards,

Olena Gojak
America/Toronto

Spying is often a matter of trying different things to see what works best. Without looking at the system it's difficult to say. 
SA is just going to be another option/method in your arsenal. Other ideas I can offer you to scroll down are sending a Page Down command to the screen or Tabbing through the controls to get to the one you want. Experiment with those options and let me know what you found worked best. 

Regards,

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Austin, Texas

​Hi Jorge,
As my final solution I used Arrow Down with AA spy method and sent Page Down to it, as you suggested. This works faster than clicking on Arrow Down.
Thanks for suggestions. Testing goes Ok so far.

Olena Gojak
America/Toronto

Good job! Thanks for the follow up!

Best regards,

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism