cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running resourcepc with sslcert

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting the below error when trying to start resourcepc with sslcert Unable to accept incoming connection - The server mode SSL must use a certificate with the associated private key. I created a local cert & installed in personal store - copied thumbprint to be used with /sslcert Any suggestions ?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are able to install certificate & configure the right thumbprint & resource PC is showing the connection as (secured) now But control room is not able to access the machine & throwing the below error Error establishing secure connection - The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure Any suggestion ?

SuchitMathur
Level 2
Hi, were you ever able to resolve these issues? I'm facing similar issues and do not know how to proceed. Any suggestions will help, thanks!!

I had this issue. You need to request a certificate on the local machine under the Local Machine > Personal cert store. Choose Domain Device setup and click the yellow text link. Then select the Common Name to the machines FQDN then choose DNS and enter short name and FQDN, set the permissions to add Everyone with read only perms. Then open the certificate and copy the Thumbprint (removing the spaces) and use it in the shortcut.

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port <your port> /sslcert <your certificate thumbprint>

Hi, Do we need to install a certificate in Application server too? I installed a certificate and provided the thumb print in startup parameters and I don't see any exposed web services from browser https://..../ws or http://.../ws. Any idea what is missing?

------------------------------
Prathyusha Melapindi

Hi @kevintitchard.

I am facing same issue. while triggering URL getting an error ​""Error establishing secure connection - The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure""
Can u say how did u resolved the issue, in detail, screenshots will help me more.

Thanks in advance

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Vinod,

This thread might help you regarding the issues faced with /sslcert: Troubleshooting - Runtime Resources

Manish Rawat
Project Manager
Mercer
New Delhi

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Vinod,

Certificate needs to be installed in system cert store not in personal and the runtime should be started mentioning the certificate thumbprint.

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*