cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel VBO - Workbook Not Found : Workbook named: C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\emaillist.xls not found in instance: 1

GeorgeKattapura
Level 2
Hi

I am trying to collect emails list using MS Outlook VBO into a collection. This works fine. I want to write this collection to excel, this is were my problem starts.

My process look like the attached. Every time try to write the collection to Excel. I get the following error. "Workbook Not Found : Workbook named: C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\emaillist.xls not found in instance: 1"

I have tried the following to fix it with no luck.

1. Change file extension from .xlsx to .xls - did not work
2. Used Environment Utility - Start process to launch Excel, it launched fine, but still encountered the same error. 
3. Used General Utility - I used this between Create Instance and Open Workbook to delay Open Workbook giving time to the instance to finish loading.
4. I have used Show to see the excel launch and it does launch.

Can somebody assist with resolving this issue. I have a demo to few directors to demonstrate the benefits of RPA. I would grateful.

23108.png

Thanks in advance
 George

------------------------------
George Kattapuram
PM
GAK Services Ltd
3 REPLIES 3

RakeshMudunuri
Level 3
HI

are you using the same handle and workbook names for both open workbook and write collection to excel stages ?

it seems there is issue with handle 

Thanks
Rakesh

Rakesh Mudunuri
assistant technical servce engineer
Fujitsu consulting india
Asia/Kolkata
Thanks Rakesh RPA Developer

DiogoFurlan
Level 3
Hello, George!

For the Write Collection action to work properly, we must pass the Workbook Name as a parameter, not the full File Path. In your case, I believe the Workbook Name to be: emaillist.xls and the file path to be C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\emaillist.xls.

See bellow printscreen as an example

23103.png

Diogo Furlan
Analyst
Grupo NC
America/Sao_Paulo

Thank Diogo, All working now.

George Kattapuram
PM