cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

JonasOng
Level 2
Hi All, 

i am getting an exception intermittently "Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Select Apply to field' on page 'Apply receipt' - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". 

I read through the existing discussion and most of the suggestion is to check the length of the content and check if there's comma, etc. However, for my case, the step in my navigate stage is a field in Oracle, which i am getting BP to focus on. Therefore, there is no text content to the stage. Anyone has any idea when i am getting this exception at times? (e.g. 1 in every 100 attempts)

Any guidance and suggestion is very much appreciated.

------------------------------
Jonas Ong
Accountant
Advantest
Asia/Singapore
3 REPLIES 3

Jun_CongLee
Level 2
I have also encountered this issue and does anybody knows what this is caused by? Thanks in advance

Jun Cong Lee

sahana.mohan
Staff
Staff
Hi Jonas,

This error is common in Oracle Java application. Sometimes when you have an unattended pop up window or if the oracle screen is in noneditable format, you get the Target of invocation error while performing any action to the screen. 
Please make sure you refresh the oracle window and check for popups before proceeding to edit. Hope it resolves your query.

sahana mohan
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Sahana, 

Sorry that I didn't realized of the reply earlier. Just wanted to drop by and thank you for the advice. I will build in some retry loops and see if it helps reduce the exceptions for this.

Jonas Ong
Accountant
Advantest
Asia/Singapore