cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File management Move file VBO

HazemFarajallah
Level 4

I wonder if this happens to anyone when I use move file not always works! Error message
the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process blue prism

I use kill Process to make sure everything not using the file! 

but from 10 files 2 cant be moved!

any tips 

thanks 

------------------------------
Hazem Farajallah
RPA-developer
e-on
Europe/Stockholm
6 REPLIES 6

AmiBarrett
Level 12
What files are failing to move? Are they either in the Blue Prism directory, or being referenced earlier in your process?

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Hello Ami,

no, they are not in BP directory, I'm downloading image's need to sort, great, rename then move them to a folder ! it works but not every time tried to add more timers, wait-stages but didn't succeed out.  

Hazem Farajallah
RPA-developer
e-on
Europe/Stockholm

DaveMorris
Level 14
I'm interested in trying to reproduce this. Sounds like the kind of problem I'd want to be aware of.

Could you describe what happens just before trying to move the files? Like, how did the files get there and approximately how many seconds/minutes/etc before moving the files were those files created or put there?

I'm trying to think how I could reproduce this but I'm unsure what would cause that error message.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks, everyone for answers/replay 

​I download the attached file "Mostly images" to a folder then rename write the info I want to collect then move all related files to the right folder, Happy bath takes 7 seconds without any issue (network /runtime resources ...etc). 

if we assume I always have the happy bath there an issue with moving files using "File management VBO". if I break then re-run move file it works first diagnose was the runtime resource so I slow it down to 10 sec then to 20 sec but the same result. 

I get this message "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process " which I checked everything possible to find out if the file in use.

Hazem Farajallah
RPA-developer
e-on
Europe/Stockholm

Hello Guys,

Any luck with Move file issue?
I have observed the below error while moving an excel to exception folder
Error message-"a device attached to the system is not functioning"

I used Kill EXCEL
but still the file can't be moved.

Thanks

Ankit Kumar
Technology Lead
Infosys
Sydney NSW

josecaceres
Level 3
Hi Hazem,

I have seen this before. I had to ensure the target app where the download occurs gets closed before attempting to move the file.
You could recover the error during the first attempt at moving the file and close the target app then attempt to move again.

jose caceres
analyst programmer
nab
Australia/Melbourne