cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreground window issue

alexanderwebb
Level 2
Hi everyone.
I'm having a problem with one of my processes running on a scheduel through a client. 
I have used remote desktop to log on earlier, but as of now i'm only using login agent. 
The problem i'm having is that the application running (or trying to be run) is not launching properly. It has worked previously, and it works whenever im starting it myself remotely from controll room on the controlling client. It has a warning popup that i get every time it's launched, that i have to focus on, then click OK. I have this implemented in the process. 

As i was saying, the Process runs fine when im the one starting it (remotely), but there is an error whenever it is started from the scheduel. I get the error:

"Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage "Hidden" on page "Hidden"- Could not identify process owning the current foreground window"

Does anyone have any experience with this error message? (it is thrown from a navigation stage)

------------------------------
Alexander Webb
Automation Engineer
Ren Roros Inteliigent Automation
Norway/Trondheim
2 REPLIES 2

GopalBhaire
Level 10
If you're using RDP you need the RDP window to be activated or else you'll get this error. Moreover if any other user is logged you you might get this error.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

JerinJose
Level 10
​If you are using Login agent to Login/Unlock to the Resource and still getting this error. Try activating the application soon after launch.

since RDP is not recognized as a Valid login session by Login agent. try accessing the VM using dameware, Bomgar,or Vshphre and see if the pop up you are mentioning is getting handled properly. Also there can be some Logon messages on your VM. Ensure that is disabled. You can go through the Login agent documentation to ensure all the recommended security policy changes are implemented.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata