cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Document URL won't work

DennisLaursen
Level 4
I have a problem in the Object Studio. I run a Browser-based Application in a BO. And in a read-stage I want to use the Get Document URL functionality, and put the output in a text data item. But sometimes (and only sometimes) this dosen't Work, and I get the following message: "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Read doc URL' on page 'Navigate to note' - The object reference is not set to an instance of an object." (the last part of the error message is translated, so the exact wording in the origin message may be different) I have tried to solve the problem in different ways, but it dosen't help: - Put a 1 sec. wait-timer before the read-stage - Split the read-stage in two (before I ran to actions in one read-stage) - Use "Get Document URL Domain" instead But I haven't tried to kill all Internet Explorer instances yet. But if someone know a more proper solution to the problem, I will try that before the kill all instance solution. I do notice, that if I run the BO step-by-step and the problem coccurs, it will work if I idle for about a minute, and then step the read-stage. But this is not a proper solution, when the proces is released in PROD. I hope that someone can help.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
That it happens only sometimes makes me think it could be a timing issue. Try Application Navigator to capture the root node and read the URL from that, but only once a wait stage has determined that the document has loaded.

DennisLaursen
Level 4
Thanks for the answer. What is ""Application Navigator""? It is just a regular Navigate stage? I have now tried to add a wait stage with a Document Loaded, both with the spied page as an element, and the core application. The last one worked. So thanks for the answer.