cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handwritten document PDF - Reading

VinodV
Level 2
Hi, I have a requirement for reading a PDF which is a scanned copy of a hand written report. Can i use OCR / Surface automation to read this PDF? what is the success rate for the same?  
4 REPLIES 4

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Hi Vinodjv, With handwritten report, the built in OCR capabilities will not work, or they will with an extreme low succes rate. There are some external vendors that promise some reliability with OCR on handwritten documents: you can integrate their tool with BluePrism. You can also go for machine learning. A colleague of mine implemented machine learning on handwritten OCR and got quite high succcess rate, but it's a lot of work and 'machine teaching' before you have a working solution. So short answer: Handwritten Docs & OCR is either: Not possible Possible via an external OCR vendor (and hope and pray they live up to their promises) Possible via supervised machine learning (which is a lot of work to implement) If you manage to implemented, i encourage you to post the best practices you've learned in this regards.

AndreasMajunie
Level 2
HI   You can try to use Google Cloud or IBM Watson. I think that they both have that ability and there are VBO for using them in BP.

PriyaSunderraj1
Level 2
Hi Manjunie,   VBO related to Google Cloud or IBM Watson ability in BP. Can you let me know, where can i get the VBO???   Best Regards, Priya.S

JohnTomkins
Staff
Staff
You'll find that here: https://portal.blueprism.com/products/current