cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Compare 2 excel sheets in Object Studio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All , I have 2 excel sheets ,as per my requirement compare 2 excel sheets based on the name. If new record coming data showing in Status column "New data",if existing data coming data showing in status column" existed" . Please help me on this. thanks k2
3 REPLIES 3

Mats_HolmPetter
Level 4
If I understand your question correct, I think there are mulitple ways of achieving what you want. One could be by using the object / action: Utility - Collection Manipulation / Collection Contains Value. If: Excel sheet 1 = Collection 1 (Your original sheet) Excel sheet 2 = Collection 2 (The sheet with data that you wish to validate up against sheet 1) You can make a loop with Collection 2 as input. In the loop you use the mentioned action, and set it as following: Collection = Collection 1 Column Name = (Name of the Column you want to search in Collection 1) Exact Value = Collection 2.(The Column where your data is) If you find a match, you can make the according logic afterwards (set a flag, write to a new Collection etc. etc.)  

Mats_HolmPetter
Level 4
Sorry for the fomatting - the forum is not that intuative when it comes to that 🙂

VenkatRamana
Level 3
can you please explain in detail - can post screen shorts if you can.   thanks in advance