cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Launch A Remote Desktop File (.RDP) from Blue Prism Business Object

AnkitSharan
Level 3
I am unable to launch a Remote desktop file (Remote.rdp). When I try to integrate this file to Windows-Based Automation in Applicational modeller, I cannot find this file on its locations as it searches for only .exe files.  Please help me to integrate this type of file to Blue prism.
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you can manually open an RDP session via the the command line (eg mstsc.exe ""C:\myfile.rdp""), then you could try the Start Process action in the Utility - Environment object.

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team,   WE are able to launch it but then we are not able to identify the elements in it because there is no connectivity  between the application and BP please suggest

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Which part of the application, specifically? All elements prior to the remote session window should be visible to BP via AA or Win32. Once you're connected to the desktop, you have to use region mode/OCR and heavy surface automation to do what you need. Be aware that security layers will also prevent SendKeys, and probably the Windows Key, from being programatically sent. We got around this by passing keystrokes to AutoHotKey instead.

AsifSalim
Level 2
launch RDP and target the application with hot keys.