cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open an email in Outlook the same way as a living person?

Cecilie_DahlSom
Level 2
Hi, 
I am developing a process which needs to reach another Application from inside an open email. I order to do so, I need to open Outlook as a living person, find the right email and doble click  it.

I have 2 problems:
1: I am trying to spy the email I am going to open, in the UIA mode. I set the UIA Name to Dynamic since I will work with different emails. But I am not able to find neither the same email the day after I have spied it nor other emails. I think something is wrong with the attributes, but what?

2: In order to open the email, I need to doble click the mouse button. I cant find a way to do this.  I have tried to use  the action "Global Mouse Click Center twice in a Navigate stage with a "Pause after each step" at 0.1 sec. with no luck. The email just opens in preview and not completely in another window.

Do anyone have any suggestion to my problems?

Best Regards Cecilie

------------------------------
Cecilie Dahl Sommerro
RPA Developer
Sbanken ASA
Europe/Bergen
4 REPLIES 4

DavidClark
Level 3
There is a much easier way to do this, you simply need to use the MS Outlook VBO to read the email. Once it's been read you can find the email address you need withing the string. This can all be done without actually opening outlook.

David Clark
Technical Architect
Avanade
America/Los_Angeles

Anonymous
Not applicable
indeed! simply use that Outlook library and play with it's actions and see which is the one right. this is how you can learn more about which stage etc

Cohen
RPA Developer

Thanks for your answer. I will try to do that.

Cecilie Dahl Sommerro
RPA Developer
Sbanken ASA
Europe/Bergen

SatishPrasad1
Level 4
​Hi, just checking did you mange to get working ? I have one similar item to work for ...could you please update in case you still face any issues?

Satish Prasad
Senior Analyst Programmer
Fidelity International
Asia/Dili
+91 9999230159