cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to spy the pop-up and add values into the pop-up?

pallshan
Level 3
Hi all, I am trying to spy the pop-up and add the values into the pop-up. Can you please guide me with this
6 REPLIES 6

pallshan
Level 3
I am trying to automate LNP application... When I click on Logoff button i get an pop-up in which I should click on ""Ok"" button. And In another pop-up I have to enter the date, month and year details into the pop-up and click ok button. date, month and year is in this format.. _ / _ / _ . Can you please guide to solve this problem?

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
I am not sure what LNP application is, but is it a windows application? Do you use Win32 mode to spy the application, Access Accessability, HTML, or surface automation? You need to provide more details on your problem. You should be able to spy the pop-up window. What kind of errors do you get when you try to spy the popup window?

pallshan
Level 3
LNP is a browser application, I am not able to spy the pop up window in any of the modes except region mode, but I am not able to enter the values into the pop-up window when I spy it in region mode. When I try to spy it in win32 or other modes I get an error as ""There was an error during spy operation"".

pallshan
Level 3
If I use region mode for spying I dnt get an sendkeys option...I get that option only when I spy in Active accessibility mode, but the pop-ups cannot be spied in active accessibility mode. Do we have any other methods to spy pop-ups and enter the values into it?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I think the Surface Automation training needs to be revisited for instruction about how to send keystrokes. Sendkeys is used against the appliction itself (the top node in your application explorer treeview) - not to individual elements.

pallshan
Level 3
Yes Denis,I followed as you said and now I am able to enter the values into the pop-up through sendkeys. Thank you all for guiding me 🙂