cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to to run XLSB Personal Macros?

UrielLander
Level 2
I have already used the create instance, show instance and open workbook stages. When i try to run a Macro with the Excel VBO (Run Macro action) it will be working good if it is a Macro from the workbook. However if i try to run a Personal XLSB Macro (is usedul for all the excels you have), i have a problem. This is the error message: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Sorry, we couldn't find C:\Users\px971hm\Documents\PERSONAL.XLSB. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? In the Macro Name over the Run Macro Stage i´m using the name that is shown in the excel ""PERSONAL.XLSB!MacroInterno" Anyone have an idea what is happening and what should i add to solve it? Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

VijayDodamani
Level 5
Hello UrielEmanuel The personal macro will get saved by default on the below location C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART By default the Blue prism will search the xlsb file to its 5-6 default locations (Not able to recall the default location) but Documents folder is one of the default location for the Blue Prism: if not found anywhere it’ll throw an exception the same what you got. The workaround for this You need to copy that XLSB file to C:\Users\px971hm\Documents\PERSONAL.XLSB Setting your document folder in trusted location in excel application Open Excel App -> File -> Options Once the Option pop up will appear, select Trust Center -> Trust Center Setting -> Trusted Location Once the Trusted Location window appear, go to Add New Location -> add the your location  ""C:\Users\px971hm\Documents"" After click ok for all the opened window and Try to call the same macro from Blue prism. Thank you. Vijay Dodamani  

You saved my day. Thanks a lot!

The personal macro will get saved by default on the below location C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART By default 

------------------------------
Pedro Silva
------------------------------