cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human in the loop with Azure and Slack

CoryLavigne
Level 3
Hi all, 

I recently have been using the Education for Human-in-the-Loop Processes with Slack and Azure - 1.0.0 from digital exchange and am having trouble getting my Azure queue to populate. In the Azure function there are no errors and the logs show it was successful, yet my queue remains empty. Has anyone else come across anything like this? 

Thanks, 
Cory
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Cory,

Can you click on your Resource Group where your resources are located for this exercise and see if there is more than one Storage Account? I suspect you will see the Storage Account you created from following page 18 of the guide, and then there will be another Storage Account that you did not create. Try clicking on this other Storage Account > Queues and check if you have a queue full of items populated from the Function App.

If this is the case, I believe the root issue is that page 19 of the guide instructs you to leave all of the default settings in place when creating the Function App. However, there is a Hosting section during that setup that asks which Storage Account should be linked to the Function App. By default, it will create a new Storage Account, rather than link to your existing Storage Account. I would like to think Microsoft changed Function App deployment, but it very well may be a mistake in the guide that shall be updated regardless.

Let me know if my findings are consistent with what you are seeing in your Azure environment.

Cheers,
Charlie

Edit: The guide has since been updated (v1.0.1) to reflect this discrepancy around linking Queues and Function Apps: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/human-in-the-loop-processes-with-slack-and-azure

Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Cory Lavigne,

The person that developed that example is out this week, but I'll have him pick up this thread when he returns next week.

Cheers,
Eric​

Hi Cory,

Can you click on your Resource Group where your resources are located for this exercise and see if there is more than one Storage Account? I suspect you will see the Storage Account you created from following page 18 of the guide, and then there will be another Storage Account that you did not create. Try clicking on this other Storage Account > Queues and check if you have a queue full of items populated from the Function App.

If this is the case, I believe the root issue is that page 19 of the guide instructs you to leave all of the default settings in place when creating the Function App. However, there is a Hosting section during that setup that asks which Storage Account should be linked to the Function App. By default, it will create a new Storage Account, rather than link to your existing Storage Account. I would like to think Microsoft changed Function App deployment, but it very well may be a mistake in the guide that shall be updated regardless.

Let me know if my findings are consistent with what you are seeing in your Azure environment.

Cheers,
Charlie

Edit: The guide has since been updated (v1.0.1) to reflect this discrepancy around linking Queues and Function Apps: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/human-in-the-loop-processes-with-slack-and-azure

Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

CoryLavigne
Level 3
Hi Charles, 

Yes that is what I am seeing. Thank you for the guidance!

Thanks, 
Cory