cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installtion Error

MohamedFathy
Level 2
HI Devs,
i am new here and try to setup Blusprism but still can not setup yet so  please help.
i install sql server 2014 and Automation Anywhere tool  and can not install  Blue prism so this is the error i face 

error  : An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb
Details   : An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_UpgradeOnly()
at AutomateUI.BPApplication.Start(String[] args)

11276.png

------------------------------
Mohamed Fathy
RPA Developer
3 REPLIES 3

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi Mohamed,

IF you are using Learning version product, it installs by default with localDB which is a "feature" to the Learning version.

Henry Li

Dear  Henry,

i set up Learning version product recently and still same error.

i need help

Mohamed Fathy

Hi Mohamed,

Not sure on steps and sequence you installed your BP,SQL and AA.

I would suggest you to try  setting up a VM installing only BP then SQL then AA and see the results. (Disable Firewall, run or login as administrator)

I have my learning version BP 6.9 on localDB (it seemed using SQL 2017 localDB)  and I have SQL server 2016 in the same VM, no problem.

Take note that your learning BP is using localDB bundled in itself with your learning license and it cannot be run as a server.

Henry Li