cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Login Agent

RaghavSapra1
Level 3
Hi All, We are facing some issues while using login agent with RDP machines as described below: We are login into RDP servers and within the servers our Blue Prism is installed. We have built a lot of processes and while we are manually dragging and dropping or if manually running through schedulers, applications are working fine. The activities done within applications are €“ Focusing, Capturing Screenshots, Interacting with Java based applications ; web based ; windows and mainframe based applications. Recently  we installed login agent on all of our RDP servers and configured the same by logging out of the machines using Logout method and then logging into the machines with the help of Login Agent. When we scheduled different processes using Login Agent few of them worked fine (though not 100% reliable)  while others got stuck at one or the more stages. For example , some of the processes got stuck where AA elements were used, where we were capturing screenshots or passing any Global Keys. As per suggestion given by BP, RDP is not suggested. Hence we migrated to access BOTs using VMware vSphere  , but even that is giving the same issue..Kindly suggest if anyone faced the same issue and how did the same can be resolved?  
9 REPLIES 9

AmiBarrett
Level 12
We switched from RDP to TeamViewer and have since had no issues with Login Agent. We also tried VNC, but had a fairly horrendous experience (screens were repainted one tile at a time, clipboards were sanitized, etc).

Hi, Raghav.Sapra, it is not clear from your description therefore I will ask aditional question - when you run Login process there is a certain time interval before your batch (through which you start your Runtime Resource) is launched and BP Listener is started. Did you check how long it takes before your Runtime Resource appears in blue in your Control Room? The length of time interval can vary - being it 5-15 seconds or even 90 seconds. During this interval no process can be launched as there is no BP Listener available. So if you have a schedule where you have first task Login followed immediately with the Process it can happen that for some machines it will work as the BP Listener will be started quickly and for some machines it will fail because BP Listener will not be started yet when scheduler tries to trigger next process. In version 6.4 Blue Prism introduced long awaiting feature where you can introduce an arbitrary pause in a schedule thus creating Login process Taks, Pause Task (you need to experiment/play to get the longest pause needed for BP Listener to be available), Process Task. Regards, Zdenek

RaghavSapra1
Level 3
Hi zdenek.kabatek,   Thanks for replying.Yes we have noticed that the time interval is around 10-20 secs and we have ensured that process runs only once the runtime resource is enabled. But here the issue is that in between execution of a process, there are some elements on while while working BP stucks (for e.x. capturing screenshots, entering of text in textbox spied etc) and the session goes into warning state. If we manually login into the process executing server, BP again starts processing the tasks. These are intermittent issues where sometimes BP successfully processes the request through Login Agent whereas other times the process gets into warning state if executed through Login Agent. Also we are getting these issues only when we are running the process through Login Agent, but if we manually login into server and schedule the process , it works fine. This issue we are getting with RDP as well as VMware vSphere that was suggested by BP. Kindly guide if there is anything that can be done for the same... Thanks, Raghav

Hi, Raghav, I am not sure but there are still some things to check: 1. did you disable screen saver? 2. did you disable automatic Lock Screen? Both features will interfer with the bot processing and make it stop as it can't work without active desktop. Well, with the screen saver I am not completely sure but with the Lock Screen I am 100% sure. It seems that this could be the reason as long as bot works properly when you log in into the server/workstation. To be 100% sure could you make a screen shot when it encounters exception and save the screen shot on the disk drive. Then you will exactly know what was the state when the bot hanged.   One more thing - are you using some parts of Surface Automation?

RaghavSapra1
Level 3
Hi Zdenek, Yes we have disabled Lock Screen and followed everything as per requirement of Login Agent. This is an intermittent issue which sometimes works absolutely fine through Login Agent whereas sometimes process completely stucks and session gets into warning state (unless someone manually logins into the machine and then only it resumes from the same stage).. Just to mention this issue we are mostly getting while capturing screenshots only where we have passed Ctrl+ PrintScreen using Global Send keys, hence we are unable to get screenshots for 1 out of every 3 cases.Also would like to tell you that currently we are not at all using anything related to Surface Automation. Thanks, Raghav        

Hi Raghav, there is a business object to take a screen shot without pressing any key or sending any Global Send keys. Pass me your email address and I will send you the object. This should work 100% of the cases and it may fix the issue. I still suspect that the screen went to some unwanted status and the only thing how to get to the root is to get the image. The business object I will send you does not use any Global Send Keys thus you should get the screen and identify the exact point when the issue happened.

I have the same issue - 

"process completely stuck and session gets into warning state (unless someone manually logins into the machine and then only it resumes from the same stage)"

The worst part is, it's tough to replicate this, as it works fine most of the times, login through login agent and running the process. 

------------------------------
Pranav
Pranav

I have the same issue - 

"process completely stuck and session gets into warning state (unless someone manually logins into the machine and then only it resumes from the same stage)"
Have you solved this problem? Please advise

Patrick Ye

@Zdeněk Kabátek - In our case one strange issue we face is with login agent get logged in users. When we login to any blue prism VM via remote desktop and run login agent is logged in / get logged in users action, it returns no user login. When we check the task manager, it shows multiple users logged in a machine. I checked the function get logged in users code in global code of VBO and its referring to localhost, I am sure that function needs some kind of fix to make it work with VM setup.

Mayank Goyal