cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Access Bridge

VAIBHAVSHARMA
Level 2
Hi,   I am trying to integrate Oracle EB Suite, java application using Blue Prism. Application Version Oracle Version 12.1.3 Java - 1.6 JAB -2.0.2 I am able to Enable the Java Access Bridge, but the spying option for highlighting is not coming.   Thanks & Regards, Vaibhav Sharma
14 REPLIES 14

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Oracle EBS R12 java forms, Java 1.8 (32 bit, most likely your IE is 32 bit on windows), nothing extra is required besides enabling JAB in control panel or from cmd - attaching and spying works after that. Try using java 1.8, because it has bundled JAB and you can find out if you are doing something wrong with JAB installation. Our OEBS was stuck on 1.6 for ages, but was patched to support 1.8 about a year ago (it is Oracle certified to work with 1.8). Another issue I had to deal with is fixing java deployment ruleset for java 1.8 (was set to use 1.6), otherwise it spammed some warnings before launching forms. If you get 1.6 working eventually - you don't need that. Last thing is writing to editbox wont work - sendkeys instead.  You need to install java and enable JAB on each resource PC VM of course. Make sure there is only one java installed, to rule out version mismatch. p.s. There is accessibility settings in OEBS prefereces (top-right), but it is not required - mine is None.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
A little advice - you can use (Google) Access Bridge Explorer to test if JAB works at all + you can use it to find some stull, like internal frames and some other elements, that Blueprism won't spy at all, but happily interacts with them if you manually fill attributes from ABE. Also there is acknowledged bug - reading editbox text with one character in it produces garbage after that one char, not fixed in 6.3 - you can work around it (read multiple times), but so far we don't need that.

Hi - Was this resolved?

------------------------------
Benjamin Onwunma
RPA Developer
CYBG
Europe/London

HI,

Was anyone able to get this working?
We have Oracle EBS 12 and Java 1.6u35. I am able to get the JAB installed, however spying is not working. I trried to update java to 8, then the oracle forms won't open up.

Harjyot Singh Malik Sqaud Lead
Sr RPA Developer
Telstra
Australia/Sydney

Yes, you can try to enable Java Access Bridge.

First, download the official Java guideline from Blue Prism documentation. You can find great information about configuring Java to automate.

Also, you can google how to active java access bridge form CMD and then you probably will be able to match some active elements.

Best regards.

27222.jpg

------Original Message------

HI,

Was anyone able to get this working?
We have Oracle EBS 12 and Java 1.6u35. I am able to get the JAB installed, however spying is not working. I trried to update java to 8, then the oracle forms won't open up.

Harjyot Singh Malik Sqaud Lead
Sr RPA Developer
Telstra
Australia/Sydney