cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Server Awake

SaurabhSrivasta
Level 3
While I run my process in Production which involves SAP application, I always need to be active on the server and if I minimize then I start getting error as below. But as soon as I become active then next requests start getting processed properly. (SAP runs in foreground mode) "Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Application' on page 'Perform SAP Cut' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window" To me, it looks like I need to keep the server awake using some utility/powershell or settings (Don't need Login Agent) in order to achieve this. Can you please let me know the fix for this?  
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You are getting this error because your virtualized environment are not persistent and/or do not have screensaver disabled and/or because you are using RDP.  The fix is for your System/Tech Architect to implement a virtual platform and provide remote access tools that meet the requirements laid out in our product reference/virtualization guides and datasheets.  The VDIs need to be persistent and consistent as per the virtualization guide, the remote access tool used to connect to those machines should NOT BE RDP!!   This is a robotic workforce not a human workforce so the architect and security teams need to ""Think Robot"" - and come up with new secure policies for the digital workforce rather than creating a standard environment designed for humans.   Every new environment should have a trained Technical Lead/Architect working on the environment - Blue Prism has a training path for that role.  It sounds like that does not exist in your situation.

SaurabhSrivasta
Level 3
Thanks for your response. Just to clarify that we access our VDI's using citrix and also we have got the screensaver and screen lock turned off. Once we minimize the Window then this exception starts occuring and when we maximize it again then the VDI remains unlocked and the requests starts getting processed. Please suggest.