cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence - Validation Code issue

NamrathaYaddala
Level 2
Hi,

I was trying to activate BP License and I have accidentally lost the original Validation code which succesfully activated in the portal and now i m unable to generate another one. Is there any other way to get another validation code?

I an getting an Error-
Error Code 0x802: I'm afraid it is not possible to process this licence activation request.

------------------------------
Thanks,
Namratha
Thanks, [FirstName]
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hello Vidya,

It sounds like you are logged into a Blue Prism database that already has a license.  To check and resolve this, you can try:

1. Open Blue Prism
  2. If it opens, close the License wizard that pops up so you can see Blue Prism. I suspect that most things will be grey out except the System option.
  3. Select System
  4. Within the system tree, select System > License
  5. When the System – License screen opens, select the option at the bottom to Show expired licenses
  6. My expectation is you will see an expired installed license.
  7. You will see the properties of the license already installed; you can remove this if you now have another license to use.

Please, let us know how you get on.

11452.png

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

DaveMorris
Level 14
It'd probably be best to email support@blueprism.com and they should be able to help you.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Namratha,

A Blue Prism license can only be activated once.  This is to prevent a license from being shared and activated across numerous environments.

Question: Why are you attempting to activate a license for a second time?

Rationale for asking: If you are using the Blue Prism Learning Edition, you can request a new license from the Digital Exchange and then activate and use the new license.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hi Chris,

I installed BP a month ago, for some reason the login failed with my Local DB connection with appropriate credentials. (Error - User not found. Login Failed)
While troubleshooting, I re-created a new database connection where it asked me to activate license again (which I initially did). I requested for a new license from the Digital Exchange, got the email with the new license. Whereas, when I try to use the new license, I get this error 

Operation failed - The new licence overlaps with an existing licence : 'vidyakannan@hotmail.com'.

I am unable to proceed further. This actually being a barrier in continuing my learning journey with Blue Prism! Any help to keep things moving without further delay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vidya Karthikeyan

Hello Vidya,

It sounds like you are logged into a Blue Prism database that already has a license.  To check and resolve this, you can try:

1. Open Blue Prism
  2. If it opens, close the License wizard that pops up so you can see Blue Prism. I suspect that most things will be grey out except the System option.
  3. Select System
  4. Within the system tree, select System > License
  5. When the System – License screen opens, select the option at the bottom to Show expired licenses
  6. My expectation is you will see an expired installed license.
  7. You will see the properties of the license already installed; you can remove this if you now have another license to use.

Please, let us know how you get on.

11452.png

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Chris,
I successfully validated the new license after removing the expired license from the System Tray.
Thanks for the prompt response.

Vidya Karthikeyan

Hello Vidya,

That's good news, thank you for letting us know you're back in again.

I know you originally mentioned that you didn't know the admin password, but it sounds like you logged into a previously setup Blue Prism.

Best of luck with your learning journey.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Vidya,

That's good news, thank you for letting us know you're back in again.

I know you originally mentioned that you didn't know the admin password, but it sounds like you logged into a previously setup Blue Prism.

Best of luck with your learning journey.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

I've been searching for this the whole night, Thanks 🙂

Mohammed Soliman