cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent issue after update

Maartenvan_Saan
Level 3
Recently I've started updating our installation of BP, going from version 5.0.33 to 6.4.2. The installation's worked out fine in our test environment, no issues at the server, DB, workflows or clients.   However, on the resources the login agent now, out of the blue, refuses to log in anymore. Throwing out ERROR:  : : The operation has timed out. in the Log In stage. There were no issues before the update and the policy settings haven't been changed.   The login agent is running, as the key is being shown in the controlroom, and it does recieve and start the login action. The logout command also works just fine. I've already looked around the forums for similar issues and couldn't really get further with those. I've tried restarting the app server and nodes, to no avail. We don't use RDP for the resources, the only way to adres them is vSphere (which we're still doing for our production resource on 5.0.33 without issue) And I'd have to rule out policy issues as those haven't been changed (I checked) and they worked before the update.   Using the guides and forum posts available I've now run out of ideas where the issue's at. Has anyone else had this issue or a potentially an idea where it's going wrong?
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, Maarten,   assuming you see runtime resources with Login Agent icon on it waiting to get unlocked, right? Then you run Login process and it fails with the above message. Are you sure that you have the right Login Agent version installed? When you upgrade Blue Prism you should also update the Login Agent. It is part of the Blue Prism directory in Install subdirectory.  

Maartenvan_Saan
Level 3
Hi Zdenek,   I've removed the old login agent installation and reinstalled it using the installer provided in the install directory.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Maarten - check the event logs on the resource machine and the app server, there may be more clues there.

Maartenvan_Saan
Level 3
I've now checked the eventlogs: On the app server there is no mention of the attempt in the event logging. On the resource I find "Session (ID:.......) terminated. Process Name: Login; Reason::: The operation has timed out.   Sadly no more specific information.

Maartenvan_Saan
Level 3
I've found the issue. I've tried installing the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit, now it does work.

Hi,

We have started to have similar issues from time to time. 'Login VM' fails on 'Log In' Stage on main page with same "
ERROR:  : : The operation has timed out.
"
i could not find any clues in Events, neither on VM or Server itself.
We use BP 6.2 with LoginAgent from it; We look forward to upgrade to 6.5 soon.

Restarting VM is not an option at this point.

------------------------------
Lukas Ramasauskas
RPA Software Engineer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Vilnius

Also import the latest Loginagent BP release when ever you update the login agent version. else the process will show as completed but machine will still be logged out

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Jerin,

Could you perhaps enlighten me with what you mean when you say to import the latest Login Agent? Are you talking about the VBO or the Login Agent installer that comes bundled with the Blue Prism installation?

I haven't been able to find a VBO resource for the Login Agent, and I'm suspecting it may come with the installation, but our current version is rather old, but for all I know that could still be the most recent version. The guide on the site regarding the Login Agent doesn't really go into details regarding this.

Jesper Hededam
Developer
Codan
Europe/Copenhagen

​Hi Jesper,
after you install the Login Agent using the .msi bundled with blue prism installer you can find the compatible VBO in the "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Login Agent" as a .bprelease file. you must over-write the old Login agent object and process using the latest version of the release.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata