cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent shows missing connection

ConradoMeli
Level 5
Hi, im having the following issue with Login Agent. When the session is loged out and the LA kicks in, it shows the Resource PC as missing (connection lost). This only happens when the machine is loged out, when locked everything works fine.

Im connecting to the VM over RealVNC, so it is not a RDP issue.

The RR is a VM (win10) on AWS, it has a security group configured to connect to the app server onpremise. (ports 8181 and 8199 open). The RR runs ok, and connects correctly to the App server. 

Could it be a network issue?, im lost here, hope some one can help.

Regards,

------------------------------
Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Ok, fixed it!

WHat happened is that we have authentication by certificate implemented for the communication between machines. THe certificate was installed for the user and not for local machine so when you looged off...well... the certificate was not available.

I've reinstalled the certificate and it is running ok now.

THank you!

Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HakanEngman
Level 6

Hi, 

Do you run LoginAgent and RunTime on the the same port ? 

And second question would be, does it work most of the time or not at all ? (We at times have problems with the resource considered to be "missing" from a server perspective, but I assume that the resource/client is running perfectly fine. ( But, it is hard to check the client as we are a bit restricted when it comes to remote management, loggin in actually trigger a state change. ) 

What if you check the status in the BP db? ( BPAResource table ) Is the columen "DisplayStatus" showing missing ?

BR/Håkan

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com
Europe/Stockholm

Hi,
we run it without any special configuration, and i think it uses the same port by default.
It does not run at all. The resource is running with no problems at all.

I think it could be some network issue because when we try it with an onpremise app server, the login agent works fine, but when we try it against the Bp server that is behind a security group on AWS, it just get disconected when loged off.

I'll try restarting the app server and checking the ports that LA uses and post the result.

thank you!

Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago

Ok, fixed it!

WHat happened is that we have authentication by certificate implemented for the communication between machines. THe certificate was installed for the user and not for local machine so when you looged off...well... the certificate was not available.

I've reinstalled the certificate and it is running ok now.

THank you!

Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago

Excellent, well done.

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com