cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logout Process not working (Runtime resource on idle state)

NabinTimalsina
Level 4
Hello, 

I am having an issue that some of my Run-time Resources (bot) are still on idle state even if "Logout" process has been completed. 
Because of this next schedules are not able to start. 
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nabin

------------------------------
Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer
a
Europe/Riga
7 REPLIES 7

DebashisGhosh1
Level 4
Hi Nabin,

Assuming you are running your BOT in unattended mode. I would suggest, use "Login Agent"  and set up the policy of the VDI.
You will get all those documents in the BP document list how to set up the policy for Prod VDI and how to set up "login Agent" and how to schedule login agent in the scheduler.
Go through the document.
This will solve your issue for sure.

Thanks!

Debashis Ghosh
Debashis Ghosh

Hi Debashis, 

I am using Login Agent, we have several servers where we are running processes(Automation). Every run is scheduled in scheduler. 
On 2 of our machines (servers) this issue is showing for couple of times in past 3 days. Issue is:  Scheduler start Login process, run the actual automation process and run Logout process in Control room under Environment status of Logout process is completed but Under Resources (on control room) it is still on Idle state and not logged out. 

Let me know if I didn't make my issue clear.

Thank you

Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer
Accenture
Europe/Riga

Hi Nabin,

From what you have described so far, it appears Blue Prism is receiving the "Completed" response from the Login Agent - Logout.  Are the sessions actually logging out on the server but not registering as such in the Resources frame, or simply not logging out at all?  Just wondering which side of the communication flow is failing.  I'm assuming you've already reviewed the Windows event logs on the server side for errors or issues following the logout event?

Christian Mears

DaveMorris
Level 14
Have you checked the windows event logs (event viewer)?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hello Christian, 

Yes, that's correct in control room "Logout" Process complete without any error but the Runtime resource will be still on Idle state, which is preventing from other schedules to start. 

I checked logs in the machine itself. not sure what was causing this small portion of log is attached. 
19468.png

Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer

Hi Dave, 

yeah I checked, small portion of log is attached here. 
19469.png

Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer

Hi

You can enable logging to see if it has any additional information.

https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.5%20User%20Guide%20-%20Login%20Agent_1.pdf

Regards
Pritam

Pritam Poojari
Solution Architect
Capgemini
Europe/London