cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx Error Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request

nighiltom
Level 3
Hi All, I am getting an error while running MAPIEx  object , same issue described in knowledge  base article  https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/either-there-no-default-e-mail-client-or-running-e-mail-client I tried the solution of reparing outlook ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/813745/-either-there-is-no-default-mail-client-or-the-current-mail-client-can)   and it worked however after running the process again the issue happens and I have to do a repair of MS office again everytime . Can someone help   Using Blue Prism 5.0.30 MAPIEx 1.1.13 Regards, Nighil    
Nighil Tom Senior Analyst, Automation | NSW Department of Education | nighil.tom@det.nsw.edu.au | education.nsw.gov.au
7 REPLIES 7

ArchisDichwalka
Level 3
I am having a similar issue. Is there any solution for this?

------------------------------
Archis Dichwalkar

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
The Knowledge Base link you posted does not seem to be valid. However, we would recommend following the guidance in this KB here and ensuring that the version of Outlook being used is 32-bit, as MAPIEx does not work with 64-bit Outlook.

In addition, the version of MAPIEx you're using (v1.1.13) is very old at this point and could be the issue. We would recommend to try utilizing MAPIEx v2.0.6 (available on our Portal here) which is intended for use with Blue Prism v5.0.11 and later.

Steve Boggs
Senior Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.

Bit of background. I was using BluePrismMapiEx1.1.15 and the process was running fine. It failed yesterday when I tested it after 4-5 days. Just wondering what has changed.
As per the instructions above I have upgraded/installed new MAPIEX v2.0.6. I have also removed the previous object from the external page and added it again (BluePrism.WindowsAutomation.clsMAPIExAutomation). I am using Outlook 32bit and Blue Prism v6.10.1 but I am still getting the same error message below.
30105.png
I removed the default profile from Control Panel>Mail and added it again. Tried one more profile and Restarted my PC a few times. I also tried another PC.
I also went on the Microsoft page and tried below steps but no luck.

Method 1:-Set as default within outlook.

1.       Open Outlook, Click on File < Options.

2.       Under General, in Start up options group check the option Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.

Method 2:- Set as default from control panel.

1.       Navigate to Control PanelProgramsDefault ProgramsSet Default Programs

2.       Select Outlook under Programs list and click on Set as default.

3.       Click Ok.

Can you please help?
Thank you 

---------------------------
Archis D
Auckland
--------------------------

Archis Dichwalkar

Hi Archis,

Thanks for your feedback. The scope of this issue seems to necessitate further investigation at this point which would be best performed in a Support ticket, rather than a Communities post. We would suggest you raise a ticket with us by following this guidance on our Portal. Be sure to include the information you've provided above along with the required ticket information outlined here.

Steve Boggs
Senior Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

​Hello Steve,

I have fixed the issue by keeping only one profile in Control Panel > Mail. If you have multiple profiles and if you make 1 profile default by selecting "Always use this profile," then BP gets confused and throws an error message.

30113.png

It is also working Mapiex 1.1.15 and Mapiex 2.0.6 but yes, it's recommended to use new version of Mapiex to avoid any issues in the future.

Archis Dichwalkar
Laboratory Blue Prism Automation Developer
Auckland

Hi ,

i maintained only one profile for production resource machine but not sure why this is suddenly throwing (there is no default e-mail client, or the current e-mail client cannot meet the message request. run microsoft outlook and set outlook as the default e-mail client).

Do you have any update on this one ?

Sekhar..!
Sekhar..!

Maybe you can try reconfiguring the Outlook profile, Delete the existing one and create a new one.

Murali
RPA Consultant