cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx Send Mail failure

MaxMcConchie
Level 5
Hi, We often have issues with the Send Mail function of the MAPIEx VBO. The problem is that the failures are inconsistent, which makes it very difficult to debug. When it fails, the process in control room appears to hang in a "Warning" state. I'll then log into the runtime resource and when I open Outlook I receive the message below. The time limit for logging on was reached while waiting for system resources. Try again. MAPI 1.0 [000004C2] Has anyone experienced a similar issue to the above and if so what steps were undertaken to resolve them? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

DaveMorris
Level 14
Hi Max, I've never seen that error before, but I'm going to say it's not worth trying to solve issues with MAPIEx anymore. It is unreliable and I would try to get away from it as soon as possible. 10-foot pole, in my opinion. Haha! Try moving to the Outlook VBO from BP 6.3+. It works with older BP versions as well. I think it's just not officially supported by BP for older than 6.3. There are actually 2 new VBOs available on the Digital Exchange, one provided by Blue Prism and one provided by NEOOPS: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=outlook 2 things I should mention about the Outlook VBO: Emails may get stuck in the Outbox from time to time, so you may need to figure out a solution for that. (This only occurs sometimes and as far as I can tell only occurs if Outlook is closed when sending mail) It requires the Interop dll: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

MaxMcConchie
Level 5
Thanks Dave, We are in the process of upgrading to 6.3 so hopefully we no longer have to deal with MAPIEx ever again. Will make sure we do some testing around sending emails through the Outlook VBO as well. Cheers

ManoharBurra
Level 3
Hi David, In my system, Even though that dll is configured, when I sent mail through MS Outlook Email VBO it throws an exception. I am attaching screenshot of that exception.  If I sent mail while outlook is opened or minimised then it didnt throw any exception. Do you have MS Outlook - without MAPIEx VBO ? If you have please share it with me. Thanks in advance.