cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx Sporadically Crashing

TheoHenderson
Level 2
I am experiencing an issue with Blue Prism MAPIEx - Get Mail crashing Automate.exe. 
This only happens on one particular VM and is very sporadic (only 3 times in 4 weeks)
I have several other processes that use the Get Mail object on other VM's without any issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to try and resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
Theo
2 REPLIES 2

shailendrakumar
Level 2
Could you please send the link of Mapiex so that i can explain what is the real issue..

shailendra kumar Sharma
Senior Associate
EXL
Asia/Kolkata

DaveMorris
Level 14
I'm actually really surprised that you only have this issue with some VMs. Are you absolutely sure it doesn't happen on all the VMs?

Back a year or two ago when I still allowed myself to suffer through using MAPIEx, I ran tests now and then sending thousands of emails and tried it on a few machines. I couldn't get it to have a higher success rate of the actions working than about 90%. That means 9 out of 10 times. That was for sending emails. For receiving, I remember it not working even on retries and we had to restart the BP runtime resource (the machine or just the BP Windows process maybe) for it to start working again.

Blue Prism released the MS Outlook Email VBO, which comes with BP 6.3 (I think) and can also be downloaded from the Digital Exchange. It comes with its own issues to experie...I mean...It comes with it's own fun. But most of us tend to agree that it is far better than MapiEx.

If you haven't used the MS Outlook Email VBO, I'd suggest trying it. And while you're at it, you may as well try Ami Barrett's version here. which fixes some issues and gives some of the capability back that was lost in the creation of the MS Outlook Email VBO compared to MAPIEx.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA