cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mocha TN3270 mainframe terminal emulator

RadoslavHiko
Level 4
Hi, does anyone have experience automating Mocha TN3270 mainframe terminal emulator (http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn3270.htm)? It seems pretty basic (and lightweight) and I cannot find any details on API or VBA support - approaches I have used in the past.
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, Blue Prism utilises a Standard API used by most enterprise strength emulators called Hllapi. I have installed your Mocha mainframe and I can find no reference to Hllapi in the documentation or product settings. There is also no hllapi or ehllapi or winhllapi dll file distributed with the product. It might be worth contacting the vendor, but I think it is most likely that Mocha is not a hllapi complient emulator. Your options are therefore to either change to use another emulator that is hllapi complient (which is what I would recommend) - they all will be able to interface with TN3270 mainframes. The other less attractive option would be to create a Surface Automation interface to interact with the mainframe, there is a guide to how to do that in the learning area of the portal.

RadoslavHiko
Level 4
Thank you, Denis, for your comment. I have come to the same conclusion. This emulator is too basic and therefore not really suitable for robotic interaction. I will try to convince client to switch to an alternative emulator, because surface automation is really the last option for me to resort to.

9geroner
Level 2
Hi Denis, Does blueprism support the TN3270 plus mainframe emulator? It seems that i tried to use the mainframe spying but it wont succeed. Any help will do. Thanks. Regards, Ed

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello Ed, The type of mainframe is irrelivant (TN3270 or other), it is the mainframe emulator we are interfacing with that needs to be hllapi complient. Please refer to the mainframe guide on the portal and some of the information in the knowledgebase for more information.

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Thank you Denis 🙂 This helped .    Warm Regards, Amith