Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Folder in Outlook is not working

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team,

I am trying to move the Mails from one subfolder to another via mapiex vbo
Consider this is my Folder Structure: Inbox-SubfolderA-SubfolderB

So when i try to move mails from SubfolderA to SubfolderB it works but then when i try to move the Content from SufolderB to SubfolderA it does not move it to orginal SufolderA instead it is creating another Subfolder inside Subfolderb and place the mails.So any idea how to solve this ??

so i tried to use the Outlook VBO for move mails but then i get the Following error 
"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value does not fall within the expected range."

Please Suggest
4 REPLIES 4

IanBlackburn1
Level 3

Try the NEEOPS VBO.  It seems to behave a bit better.

Regards

Ian Blackburn

Head of Intelligent Automation

M: ian.blackburn@opusenergy.com | T: 07912 230332

------Original Message------

Hi Team,

I am trying to move the Mails from one subfolder to another via mapiex vbo
Consider this is my Folder Structure: Inbox-SubfolderA-SubfolderB

So when i try to move mails from SubfolderA to SubfolderB it works but then when i try to move the Content from SufolderB to SubfolderA it does not move it to orginal SufolderA instead it is creating another Subfolder inside Subfolderb and place the mails.So any idea how to solve this ??

so i tried to use the Outlook VBO for move mails but then i get the Following error 
"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value does not fall within the expected range."

Please Suggest

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Is SubfolderB inside SubfolderA if that's the case then while moving a item from A to B the Subfolder in Outlook VBO will be SubfolderA\SubfolderB and fro B to A it will just be SubfolderA. Check out if you're handling EntryId correctly because it's changed once moved.

------------------------------
Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

16426.jpg
16427.jpg
16428.jpg
16429.jpg

​Hi Guys,

Was able to get it working.  All steps outlined below. If you get the email ID first without moving it you can move it around very well.  Was able to move between subfolders created on my outlook profile.

16430.jpg

Ben Kirimlidis
RPA Developer and Data Analyst
PTSB
Europe/London

Hi, I've tried these.. but I still get Error when trying to move e-mail from subfolder to another 😞 The structure has inbox and subfolders which all are in same level. Getting the e-mail and moving it to one subfolder goes smoothly, but then moving from subfolder to another subfolder doesn't work. What is wrong? Please advise!

Heidi Michelsson
RPA Developer
Nordea Finance Finland Ltd
Europe/Helsinki