cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Bot capability

ShubhamSemwal
Level 3
Can we run multiple bots in the same resource working on same process? If yes then how many maximum bots can we run?

------------------------------
Shubham Semwal
Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

HarshitRawat
Level 8
This would depend on 2 factors
a) The run mode of the process( You can download run modes guide form the portal )
b) How many concurrent sessions are allowed in your production licens e

Harshit Rawat

Agreed on your points @Harshit Rawat but the thing is I want to know the max number of bots that can run in any of your scenarios provided​​. Run modes are of 3 types and according to my study only 2 can run concurrently. How does the we get to know that we can run 1000 bots simultaneously in one license. Thanks for your answer but I am looking for some more deep solutions. 

Shubham Semwal
Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Asia/Kolkata

Run modes don't really come into play if you are running the process sessions on completely VMs.  In the case where you have say 15 concurrent sessions granted to you by your license file, and 15 VMs, then you could run the process simultaneously on all 15 VMs.  Most customers have a one runtime resource (RRs) per VM type of setup

Run modes do become relevant if you are trying to run concurrent sessions on a single Runtime Resource though.

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
1 license = 1 process running in Prod. You can have any number of machines and processes, but the licenses restrict how many processes you can run at one time. So if you have 10 licenses, you could have 80 processes and 50 machines and can run any 10 processes at a time, on any of the machines. Running processes in parallel on the one machine is the same - each running process consumes a license.

Run Mode is a technical restriction applied to business objects who for some technical reason cannot tolerate running in parallel, eg unique access to the desktop is required.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Shubham,

if you are looking for running more sessions than the license allows ii is just not possible at all. 1 license =1 session. on the other hand if you want to reuse the same VM for running multiple sessions parallely set runmodes of the process to background.also you could have multiple runtimes resources running on the same VM listening on different ports this way you could run multiple process with even if effective runmode set to exclusive (i would not recommend this approach because you will run in to out of memory exceptions more frequently)

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata