cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of Excel File Changed

Hafiz_GhaziSULT
Level 2
Hello Everyone,
I am running a macro from blue prism. But I am facing a problem, the name of excel file changed when we show excel file from blue prism.
e.g. Name of excel file is abc.xlsm but after showing a excel file from blue prism it's name changed like abc.xlsm - 646464646646-e54e4444 (Name - code).

why this is happening?

please see attached screenshots.

------------------------------
Hafiz Ghazi SULTAN
Application Developer
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14

Hmm...I'm not really sure what the difference is between Reply Inline, Reply to Discussion, and Reply to Sender. I should probably read some instructions.

Anyway, @Hafiz_GhaziSULT, I haven't noticed that before specifically. I assume that is interfering with some operation you're trying to perform. Is there an action you're prevented from doing and are you saying that it really renames it so that the extra characters are in the file name even after closing Excel?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Hi,
When you open Excel file it is creating a temporary file for recovery purposes. This is the reason you see a number next to file name.
You need 'not' use "show" to run a macro in excel. Try without showing the excel file. Hope that should solve. 

If you will need to show the excel file, then try "Save current workbook" action in excel vbo that will reflect the original name back again. Check the attachment screenshot.

Hemachandra