cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get spy elements

venkat_prathapY
Level 2
Hi All,

while i'm trying to spy an element in citrix environment  through any mode that the spy mode is not able to recieve any select and cancel keys (Ctrl+left and Ctrl+right) which were highlighting and not able to proceed further. which i'm able to do previously. even i tried it after restarting the application and all.

Can anyone have faced this type of situation before? can any one help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkat

------------------------------
venkat Yaramala
RPA developer

2 REPLIES 2

IshanMahajan
Level 7
In citrix you can not spy elements(i think you are aware of that) but in your scenario i think one possibility is that your application is running with administrative privileges or it does not allow automation(Like HP ALM). i think you can try to start Blueprism with higher rights(Run As Administrator) with that you might be able to spy it.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Hi Ishan,

I believe I am also having the same issue as Venkat. While working on the consolidation exercise in foundation training I randomly started having issues with SPY mode not allowing me to set the area in which I am trying to spy. At the same time it was also not allowing me to switch spy modes.

I am unfamiliar with starting the application with higher rights. Could you explain how I would do that if you believe that is what the solution may be?

Thanks,
Vince

Vincent Watkins