cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to interact with MS Excel/word 2016

YogeshAnand
Level 2
I had an existing object which was working fine with MS office 2013, but as soon as i gt office 2016 installed, none of the existing objects are working. Error:Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Is new version of BP not compatible with MS office 2016?  
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The release of version 6.2 of Blue Prism mentions Blue Prism is now certified with Office 2016 - so maybe you need the versions of the VBO distributed with that version of Blue Prism - it is always worth checking the release notes for things like that.  I have Office 2016 installed on my laptop and can interface with it with no issues. Also, ensure you have the full Office 2016 install rather than just using Office 365.

YogeshAnand
Level 2
Thanks for your reply Denis. We did install the complete package for BP 6.2 and i am assuming it would have overwritten the old VBOs. But some how its still not working. Can i find the latest excel VBOs somewhere?

BogdanDeris1
Level 3
Hello, Same problem here solved by using an old version of Excel VBO object - 5.0.22. Works without any problem. Best regards.