cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to run my machine as a resource.Offline

PreetamSikdar1
Level 3
Resource PC showing this error message ---
Listener failed : Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
Not able to run process in control room .

Resource is showing offline.
30086.png

------------------------------
Preetam Sikdar
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi 
Thanks for the response .
But earlier I have already tried the steps you have provided.
But what I have understand that Blueprism right now in the port 8181 so I think its not working .
So what i have tried is that started a initialized a new port automate.exe /resourcepc /public /port 8182
And right now its working for me .
Thanks a lot

Preetam Sikdar

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi Preetam,

How often do you see this error ? Is it the first time ? Can you once restart your VDI and check .
Your Blue Prism listener. Is it connected? OR Is it giving any error? 

There is a setting under System--> Setting in BP as (Start a personal run time resource on this machine when users sign in to blue prism) and by default this is checked, which means only when some body login to BP resource pc will be available else it will be in Offline.

you can un-check this setting and run the below command from command prompt to launch resource pc even BP is not logged in.

C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe /resourcepc /public

You can also create and schedule a BAT file to connect the resource PC again. Basically the BAT file is to run this file C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe .

Moreover you only see one default port 8181 as you have not created resource slices .

[Vipul] [Tiwari] [Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Developer]
[Fidelity]
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi 
Thanks for the response .
But earlier I have already tried the steps you have provided.
But what I have understand that Blueprism right now in the port 8181 so I think its not working .
So what i have tried is that started a initialized a new port automate.exe /resourcepc /public /port 8182
And right now its working for me .
Thanks a lot

Preetam Sikdar