cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to spy in HTML in Chrome

Shruti_AnilNark
Level 4
There is one app website which I was able to spy in HTML mode on Internet Explorer. The moment I shifted to the Chrome object the HTML mode is not showing up while spying. What may be the reason? I would need to spy it in Chrome because Internet Explorer isn't able to handle the amount of data the template and the website and my search needs. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem.
4 REPLIES 4

DaveMorris
Level 14
1. Is the Blue Prism extension installed in Chrome? And is it enabled? 2. Do you face the same issue with any other websites in Chrome or just that website? 3. Now that I look at the way your second sentence is worded, are you sure you chose Chrome when you went through the Application Modeller wizard?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Shruti_AnilNark
Level 4
Hi David, 1) What do you mean by an extension. I have a Google Chrome utility object. Just like I have for IE. Never faced any problem with IE HTML mode for almost 14 months now and 40 IE processes. 2)Yes other modes work but not HTML. HTML is not even seen in the modes that are available to spy in. 3)Yes.   Thanks, Shruti

ShinjiniBanerje
Level 3
Today I was trying to automate a PDF through chrome browser, the moment I launched the PDF it is getting downloaded in chrome every time. It is not showing Identify button after launching, instead showing again Highlight and launch. I have attached the screenshot of the issue as well Please help!

JanMastalski
Level 2
When you install Blue Prism 6.3 then you can also install an extension for Chrome, which allows you to interact with web pages and applications within Chrome. It is different than Internet Explorer because for IE you do not need any extension while Chrome requires one to allow spying and using elements inside Business Objects.