cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object closing Blue Prism after use

JonathanAranha
Level 3
Good morning people!

We are facing a problem regarding the SMTP object, it is automatically closing Blue Prism after opening, this only happens with some users, I have attached an example video, can anyone help me?

Vídeo BP
YouTube remove preview
Vídeo BP
View this on YouTube >

This error is causing terminate in some processes, the error only happens in some users.

------------------------------
Jonathan Aranha
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Jonathan,

This seems to be an internal Blue Prism interactive client application issue and you might have to raise a support ticket as well for this. However, there are few things I can ask you to check once:

1) Firstly, it might be possible due to an old version of VBO being used that can cause some issue at the application end. Can you ensure if you are using the latest VBO from Digital Exchange: Function for Email - POP3/SMTP - 1.0.0

2) Secondly, I would suggest you to once internally delete all the temporary files under C:\Temp folder. Also, at the same time can you check the Windows Event Logs once whenever this issue is happening. This will give you a holistic view over the entire issue and can also help when you touch base with support team if you tahe that path:

19810.png

19811.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @JonathanAranha,

Is this the latest version of the VBO from the Digital Exchange? Is there anything the specific users have in common that other users don't (ex. same BP permissions, machine config, etc)? Have you tried re-importing the VBO?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Jonathan,

This seems to be an internal Blue Prism interactive client application issue and you might have to raise a support ticket as well for this. However, there are few things I can ask you to check once:

1) Firstly, it might be possible due to an old version of VBO being used that can cause some issue at the application end. Can you ensure if you are using the latest VBO from Digital Exchange: Function for Email - POP3/SMTP - 1.0.0

2) Secondly, I would suggest you to once internally delete all the temporary files under C:\Temp folder. Also, at the same time can you check the Windows Event Logs once whenever this issue is happening. This will give you a holistic view over the entire issue and can also help when you touch base with support team if you tahe that path:

19810.png

19811.png

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hello Eric and Devnet!
I'm using the latest version, yes, with regard to permission there is nothing different. This started yesterday, we've had RPA implemented for quite some time now.

In the windows event logs nothing appears for us either.

19812.png

Regards,
Jonathan Aranha
Solutions Architect

Jonathan Aranha

Hello guys, we managed to solve it, the security team came in and identified that it was blocking an action.

Thanks for your support!

Jonathan Aranha