cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open workbook -- File does not exist or is not a file

AkshayaR1
Level 3
Hi All,

Recently I have been getting an error that goes like this "File: **Network path** does not exist or is not a file"  while trying to open excel workbook But the same workflow has been working totally fine for last 6 months.
When I manually run from studio, I don't see this error whereas on schedule the flow stops with this error message. I try to access the file from a sharedpath.

Also sometimes I get a similar error while trying to save the workbook. I have verified my handles and they are correct since they run fine from studio.

If somebody has come across this issue earlier could you please assist me.

------------------------------
Akshaya R
RPA Developer
Akshaya R RPA Developer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi.
Could be a lot of different things, try to get the specific URL that the bot is creating or opening and do it manually. If opens, then the problem is in Excel.
Try to open it manually, that happened to me once... After 5 months the bot crashed but it was because the bot couldn't open it because there were too many files in temp files inside excel.

Nicolás Wilches Salazar
RPA Developer
EY
America/Bogota

KavinPalanisam1
Level 2
Hi Akshaya ,

I am also facing the same issue. If issue is resolved could you please tell the resolution steps what you have followed to solve the issue.

Thanks
Kavin

Kavin Palanisamy
Associate Consultant
Ernst & Young

Hi Kavin,

I still have this issue every now and then but not so frequent. In my case I was trying to access a file from share point site by mapping it as a network drive. But due to some unknown reason it threw this error. Instead of mapping it as network drive, I created object that would launch the share point site and then click on view in file explorer which would open the share point in file explorer window. Accessing the files this way resolved the error.
But with other bots which doesn't involve share point I still see this error often. I haven't done anything so far and I would drag and drop on the runtime resource when this error occurs and the next run the following day would be successful.

Hope this helps. If you happen to discover the reason please let me know as well.

Akshaya R
RPA Developer
Akshaya R RPA Developer

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone found a solution to this issue. For years we didn't have this problem only once or twice but now we have upgraded to version 6.10.1 it occurs more frequently.

thanks in advance

Regards
Danny

Danny Habash
RPA developer
Cnooc International
Europe/London