cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Multiple Screen of SAP

AmitShroti
Level 2
Hi Team,

Need help I want to run multiple session of SAP using automation to run multiple company code..

Regards
Amit

------------------------------
Amit Shroti
Operation Manager
Agilent
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

HimanshuMishra
Level 3
Hi Amit

As you know that it is a UI based automation so it will quite difficult and challenging to launch multiple instances of same application at the same time and then to differentiate between them.
Simple solution to achieve this is to create two independent objects for SAP having their own separate launch pages and application modeller.
The advantage of using this is that you will have two different instances at the same time and you can control each instance with the corresponding object. 
The disadvantage is that you will not be able to use attach action as it may confuse blue prism to identify the correct instance and that will lead to the error. Each object will have control over their own instances till you detach/terminate or force close externally.
Also if you want to have more sessions, more objects needs to be created. And at this point you can see that why this solution is not recommended.
Apart from attach, there might be quite a few challenges like if you force close the process from task manager or kill process from blue prism, both instances will be closed resulting in system failure. You will not be able to use attach and detach. And this may lead to additional complex coding to stabilise the process.

Regards
Himanshu Mishra

Himanshu Mishra
Software developer
HCL Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

​Hey Thanks..

Let me describe the problem.  I have to run one T-code for multiple company code and this has to be run one company code at a time due to huge Data. Currently 3 users open 6 multiple screen in their laptop to run this T-code to complete the task in 2 hours. We currently have one license so we may not be able to operate with same speed but I am looking for option where I can have 6 multiple SAP screen open in Blue Prism and pre-pone the task by 6 hours. Hence I am looking the option to run 6 company code at same time and save those file generated through that T-code
Regards
Amit

Amit Shroti
Operation Manager
Agilent
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Amit,

I don't know how SAP is launched in Your Company so I can't give You solution for that but for sure You can work couple of sessions at the same time. Important is to maintain SAP ID as dynamic and just increase session number dynamically. Thanks to that it should be quite easy to maintain all SAP screens.

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw