cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 upgrade to Outlook 2016 - VBO stopped working

MatthewRoss
Level 4
Hi All,

We have recently updated all our machines to use outlook 2016, previously outlook 2010.

Now the problem has come about when trying to use the BP MS OUtlook Email VBO.

19769.png

When running comes up with "Cannot create ActiveX component" thus not able to read the emails from the mailbox or subfolders.

Is there some magic I need to do to get all our processes working again with outlook 2016?

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

------------------------------
Matthew Ross
Principal Innovation Developer & Analyst
NHBC
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Good afternoon

We see the type of error in the past, please try re-installing Microsoft Office, most of the time this fixes the issue.
Besides that, our VBO works fine using Outlook 2016, I have that same version on my computer.

If you need additional help please contact us by emails us to support@blueprism.com

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Good afternoon

We see the type of error in the past, please try re-installing Microsoft Office, most of the time this fixes the issue.
Besides that, our VBO works fine using Outlook 2016, I have that same version on my computer.

If you need additional help please contact us by emails us to support@blueprism.com

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

Hi Thanks for the details.

It would seem it was a knock on issue from having outlook 2010 and 2016 installed on the machine, then 2010 was removed.

I have updated all the code stages in the VBO, from - outlook.application to outlook.application.16 this has resolved my issue!

When I move this into our Live machine, it will go back to the standard VBO.

Thanks for the help

Matthew

Matthew Ross
Principal Innovation Developer & Analyst
NHBC
Europe/London