cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in spying on edge browser (BP 6.10.1)

MayankTiwari1
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm using BP version 6.10.1 which supports edge chromium but I'm not able to use it for spying. When try to attach to already running browser instance it attaches without a problem but BP doesn't identity any elements on the webpage and only the outer window get recognised by BP and if I launch the edge browser through BP, it is able to identify elements of the webpage but only in browser mode and not in any other mode like UIA. Ive the edge extension installed and enabled. Please help!

------------------------------
Mayank Tiwari
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Dave, All, We are facing similar issues with few of our runtime machines. Same process runs on two different machines however i get the issue only with one machine always. The process after launching edge is unable to any elements spied on browser mode no matter how many times i run the process. Only solution is to restart the machine. This issue was very frequent as initially i had the epiphermal port turned on, later once i started using fixed port the issue occurrence has reduced drastically from 5-6 times a week to 1-2 times a week with issue mostly coming on Monday's (I am not sure if any script runs on weekend to disable/activate group policy, not sure where to check).

I am unable to reproduce this issue in non prod servers, and in the production servers i am forced to restart the job as soon as i get the issue to ensure the scheduled job runs fine.

This issue is open for several months now, please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata

Hi all

I dont know if this will help you – we are on BluePrismversion 7,0  but we found that the Edge server extension is "a very delicate flower", and is not happy with "kill process" commands... We used 'Kill process' in Internet Explorer without any problems, bud Edge seems not to perform well at all with that. Same problem seems to come frequently, but not always, if you close Edge on the X.

So removing that kill edge process method from our processes AND trying to remember not closing Edge "hard" ourselves, har minimized the problem for us...

But it would be SO great if this problem was fixed centrally

Best regards

Ingrid

Fra: Sandeep Satish via Blue Prism Community <Mail@blueprism.email>
Sendt: 14. februar 2022 05:23
Til: Ingrid Olsen <iol@forca.dk>
Emne: RE: Blue Prism Product : Problem in spying on edge browser (BP 6.10.1)

Hi Dave, All, We are facing similar issues with few of our runtime machines. Same process runs on two different machines however i get the issue... -posted to the "Blue Prism Product" community

29903.png

Blue Prism Product

Post New Message Online

Re: Problem in spying on edge browser (BP 6.10.1)

Sandeep Satish

Feb 14, 2022 4:20 AM

Sandeep Satish

Hi Dave, All, We are facing similar issues with few of our runtime machines. Same process runs on two different machines however i get the issue only with one machine always. The process after launching edge is unable to any elements spied on browser mode no matter how many times i run the process. Only solution is to restart the machine. This issue was very frequent as initially i had the epiphermal port turned on, later once i started using fixed port the issue occurrence has reduced drastically from 5-6 times a week to 1-2 times a week with issue mostly coming on Monday's (I am not sure if any script runs on weekend to disable/activate group policy, not sure where to check).

I am unable to reproduce this issue in non prod servers, and in the production servers i am forced to restart the job as soon as i get the issue to ensure the scheduled job runs fine.

This issue is open for several months now, please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata

Reply to Group Online   Reply to Group via Email   View Thread   Recommend   Flag as Inappropriate  

Thanks Ingrid. I feel there is something else also in play here as the same process runs in another server where it has never once failed with this issue. I had taken past 6 months as example where this process always fails in one server (1-2 times per week), but never once failed in the other server. The edge versions are different in both servers, so not sure if that can cause the issue considering both are supported versions as per the compatibility matrix.

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata