cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with launching

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I have an issue in launching an application. When using the normal 'symbol' to launch, there are two windows appearing (two processes running in task manager): one is a Windows command processor, and one is a Startup module for the application. I have tried different methods to launch the application, but have not been able to make both of these windows appear. Do you have any suggestions for what I could do? I have tried using a "double" navigate stage and launch both of the exe. files, I have tried using the "CommandLineParams" and none of these things work. Either, BP can't find the file that I'm referring to, or it opens only one of the windows. I have also tried using "Send keys" to open the window menu and searching for the application & opening it that way: this works succesfully, but I am not sure if this really can be considered as an 'approved' approach? In addition, I need to be attached to somethign when sending keys, so for now I have attached to Blue Prism before sending the keys. Any input on this topic is welcome. Best regards Maria
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. To clarify, my process consists of launching SAP system firstly, then exporting data from SAP to the Excel file and finally opening the Excel file and I have the problem with the last step. I've modeled everything in Business Object, so should I use 'MS Excel VBO' for this issue? If yes, which tab should I use from 'MS Excel VBO' ? I've tried to use Open Workbook tab, but I don't know what details should I set in data items: Application and Arguments. I would appreciate your answer. Paulina

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi PK, 1) Object = MS Excel VBO > Action = Create Instance, Input Enable Events = True, Output handle to data item called handle 2) Object = MS Excel VBO > Action = Show, Input handle = [handle] 3) Object = MS Excel VBO > Action = Open Workbook, Input handle = [handle] Input File name = ""C:\myexcelfile.xlsx"" - Tom