cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process taking more time to execute in production environment

PrachiMathur
Level 3
Hi All,

One of the reporting process is taking more time to execute in production than in UAT environment. The report is getting written in an excel file. I compared the logs of both prod and UAT. It seems bot is taking few seconds more  in writing to the excel file in prod.
Any idea why this is happening and how can I fix it?

------------------------------
REGENT PARK
Consultant
Personal
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

HarshitRawat
Level 8
Is the file location same in both UAT and PROD ? I mean NAS or Local drive

Harshit Rawat
Senior RPA Consultant

PROD server gets slower due to lack of Load balancer on the server than the DEV/UAT.
Maybe you can check with the maintenance team if they can check the performance on PROD and improve accordingly.

Murali Krishna
RPA Consultant

Yes the file location is exactly same, on shared drive.

REGENT PARK
Consultant
Personal
Asia/Kolkata

EmersonF
MVP
@PrachiMathur Are the DEV UAT and PD server settings the same? RAM Memory, Processors? Usually this type of scenario usually happens when there is a gap between the server settings, I went through it where the place I developed a macro had 8 Cores and ran in 10 minutes, when I went up to production it took 1 hour, and we found that the machine it had only 2 cores​​​

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
America/Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

DaveMorris
Level 14
Is the logging level the same between the two Runtime Resources? I imagine you would have noticed this already if it were the case, but maybe verify that the same stages are being logged in UAT and Prod by comparing the logs. It's not a huge performance decrease, but if the logging were set to Log all Stages or something like that for the Prod Runtime Resource, that could account for it running slower.

Others have made some good suggestions as well, so I won't list everything again, but one other thing to consider is whether the shared drive being written to is the same between the two environments, assuming it's not writing locally.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA