cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in automation of mainframe-walldata rumba office 2000

VinamraSinghal
Level 3
Hi All, I am trying to automate mainframe application. But it is saying "Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Attach2' - Session 'A' doesn't not exist. You must 'Launch' first"  Mainframe which is to be automated is "Walldata Rumba 6.0 EN"(PFA). I have followed below process: Mainframe configuration manually 1. Created session manually in mainframe from path i.e. options -> API -> Identification -> session short name.(PFA) 2. Added DDE topic name in mainframe from path i.e. options -> API -> Identification -> DDE topic name. 3. Selected checkboxes from path options -> API -> Configuration. 4. Saved it with the name "A" to the location where mainframe is installed. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Walldata\Rumba_6_EN\MFRAME"  5. Copied ehlapi32.dll and WHLLAPI.DLL to the bluprism folder. "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate" 6. Created Path environment variable as well for ehlapi32.dll and whllapi.dll. Blueprism object: 1. I have created an object with windows application(as mentioned in the BP Portal guide) which will launch the rumba file and in arguments i have added session value which is working fine. 2. I have created separate object with Mainframe application(selecting Micro focus Rumba) to attach that launched window and when I am trying to launch from mainframe's application modeller(as mentioned in guide) to attach the window it is showing below error: Error: "Error - Failed to launch application - Launch failed: Error from ConnectToHostOrSession: An incorrect host presentation space ID was specified. The specified session either does not exist or is a logical printer session. This return code could also mean that the API Setting for DDE/EHLLAPI is not set on. Return code: (1)" 3. 2. I have also tried to select Mainframe application(selecting Generic mainframe) to attach that launched window. But when I am using navigate stage and selecting "Attach to mainframe" options and running the page then it is showing the below error: Error: "Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Attach2' - Session 'A' doesn't not exist. You must 'Launch' first". and when I am trying to launch from mainframe's object(as mentioned in guide) to attach the window it is showing below error: Error: "Error - Failed to launch application - Launch failed: Error from ConnectToHostOrSession: An incorrect host presentation space ID was specified. The specified session either does not exist or is a logical printer session. This return code could also mean that the API Setting for DDE/EHLLAPI is not set on. Return code: (1)" Please help to resolve this issue. I have attached screenshots of both the objects and mainframe which we are using.  
3 REPLIES 3

AarthiVellingir
Level 3
Hi  I have tried this option in Micro Focus rumba In the configuration have you checked the two option as below, If not do that and test  Launch the MicroFocus Rumba Desktop application from the Start Menu,                                                                                       Open a the appropriate ‘Display’ in a stand-alone Rumba instance (e.g. ‘Mainframe Display’),                                                                Go to the Options -> API… menu item,In the Identification tab set the Session Short Name to be a letter such as ""S"".                                 In the Configuration tab ensure that the following selections are checked: Generate PS Update on all keystrokes Classic HLLAPI data structure (required to display the spy grid) Click File -> Save Session Profile As… to save the current session profile to a file (e.g. BPDev.rsdm file)

VinamraSinghal
Level 3
Hi Aarthi, Thanks for the solution but we did that and still we are facing the same issue. We are using older version of Rumba i.e walldata rumba office 2000 so in the document it is mentioned to save the session as .WDM or .WDA extension. However I had tried with .rsdm extension as well but no success.   Please provide any other approach. I have added all the screenshots related to this issue. Thanks.

StephenColeman
Level 4
Hi, Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  I'm also having issues with  using BP against walldata rumba office 2000. Thanks, Steve