cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC server error

remko.bouwens
Level 5
When running my process using Internet Explorer I get the following error mesage: "ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: De RPC-server is niet beschikbaar. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)" (Translation of the dutch part: The RPC-server is not available). I've never seen this error before and looking on the knowledge base and forum, I only see sollutions for this error using Word of Excel, not Internet Explorer. This error always happens on the same spot in my process, when trying to click on a button. In this step I first use an attach loop, to attach te application (should it not be attached) and afterwards I activate it to give it focus. On this page it does nothing, besides clicking the button. This week we've run about 70/75 testcases and never seen this message. Today it happened 2 out of 2 times. Nothing has changed for Internet Explorer or the laptop (no new updates of change of settings). Does anyone perhaps have any idea about how to solve this?
7 REPLIES 7

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is an article about a similar error in the Knowledgebase:https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/rpc-server-is-unavailable-excep I would also check you have the latest version of Blue Prism as I think there has been improvements to add IE11 compatibility and fix some kind of RPC errors that might occur in IE11. Finally, I guess the Blue Prism product support team might be your next stop.

jgregor4
Level 6
Is the Knowledge Owl site part of the Blue Prism subscription as it is asking me to sign up to a 14 free trial before paying for it

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
That is an old post from before our recent portal refresh - so the link is out of date now.  Simply go to the knowledgebase and search for the error to find the article in the new portal.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
That is an old post from before our recent portal refresh - so the link is out of date now.  Simply go to the knowledgebase and search for the error to find the article in the new portal.

NitinGarg
Level 3
Hi remko.bouwens   i have the similar problem happening only in the higher env i.e. Prod. In lower env it runs smoothly always. Did you found a fix? I have also observed that on few clicks or when trying to populate values at few areas this RPC disconnect error is observed. Client doesn't want to go with the retry approach from Recover resume - says it makes process too slow and then terminating it after certain retries is not acceptable by the client.   Kindly advise since it would be very helpful. Have been stuck with this issue like forever 😞

Hi Nitin - did you find a resolution for this? We are running into the same issue where we don't see the error in lower environments, only in prod.

------------------------------
Manager Accounting Projects
Ulta Beauty

Hi Crystal,

I am going to jump on the wagon here, did you find the solution of this by any chance. We are facing the exact issue where this error occurs only in Prod environment and not in any dev.

Regards

Kshitij Bhatnagar