cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting and Analytics

ShivDattoo
Level 2
Hello,

My team and I are using Blue Prism 6.5 and we are currently looking at ways to report on the different processes/queues. 

Ideally, we would like to create real-time reporting that can help us monitor our processes. Examples of metrics include: volume processed, avg work time of items, exceptions, bot productivity, items produced per hour, etc.

Currently, the queue data is being manually extracted, and we're looking to find a more efficient way of pulling the data. 

Has anyone been able to accomplish this using reporting/analytical tools (such as Python, SQL, Alteryx, etc.) to connect directly to a Blue Prism database and extract data real-time? If so, would we need to engage Blue Prism to set this up?

Are there any built in Blue Prism functionality that can accomplish this?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this ask, and please feel free to direct me to the appropriate section.

Thanks,
Shiv

------------------------------
Shiv Dattoo
Analyst
CIBC
America/Toronto
2 REPLIES 2

PritamPoojari
Level 6
Hi

You can use Blue Prism Data Gateway functionality to send data to tools like Power BI etc. 
It will allow you to send session log data, dashboard data via various options (flat file extract, API calls, database etc.)

Regards
Pritam

Pritam Poojari
Solution Architect
Capgemini
Europe/London

MaxElopre
Level 5
Hi Shiv,

I agree with Pritam. 

You should use the Blue Prism Data Gateway to automatically extract log information.  The Blue Prism is an operational DB and shouldn't be used as an archival repository otherwise it can result in performance and space issues. 

Check out the guide in this link:
https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/v65-user-guide-data-gateways

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL