cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource - Connection Lost after restart the virtual machine

DanielMarques
Level 3
Hi

A few days ago a virtual machine from the environment, already exists and that until then always had good functioning started to present the error "Connection Lost" in the control room

The error is reproduced when I restart the virtual machine. Through the windows event viewer log, I see that it connects to the blueprism server, but soon after that it loses the connection

Then if I log in to the virtual machine, the connection will work again and it will have the status idle in the control room

36315.jpg

Please, can you help me?

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

DanielMarques
Level 3
Hi

We found the problem and it is in the initialization of the network card
We changed the BluePrism Login Agent service to start with a delay, problem solved

Thanks for the support

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi Daniel, 

When restarting the machine, it will kill the connection to the App Server/Database. This needs re-established after rebooting/restarting your machine.

Try navigating to the folder "This PC > Windows > Users > "Your Username" > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup"

Within this folder there should be a windows batch file. This means that whenever the machine is rebooted, the machine will check this folder to see if there are any programs or files that run upon start up. If the batch file is not there, then it will need to be added in to that folder. The batch file is something that will need to be created, and I can ping across the instructions on how to do so, if you'd like. But my first thought, would be to check this folder location. 

**The folder 'AppData' mentioned above is hidden by windows default. So simply go to 'View' on the file explorer and on the right hand side, check the box called "Hidden Items" to show it. 

I hope the above helps,
Many thanks,

Ben

Benjamin Anderson, Senior Consultant, UK

DanielMarques
Level 3

Hi Benjamin

I found the directory, however:

When I log in to the virtual machine, the bat script is already executed automatically, so it already exists

When the virtual machine restarts, I can see that it establishes a connection with the blueprism server, but soon after that it loses the connection.

Then, if I log in to the virtual machine, the connection successfully re-establishes

36314.png

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Daniel,

Please keep your batch script that runs the resource pc in common start up folder rather than in user specific startup folder (run Shell:Common startup) and if you have Login agent installed on your VM check the Login agent config and ensure it is configured to listen in in Port 8181

DanielMarques
Level 3
Hi

We found the problem and it is in the initialization of the network card
We changed the BluePrism Login Agent service to start with a delay, problem solved

Thanks for the support

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your observations. 

We have indeed recommended many large customers to adopt the "Automatic (Delayed Start)" option for Blue Prism Login Agent service. It has been proven very effective in combating issues associated with inability to connect to Login Agent runtime resource.

The root cause behind such issue is not necessarily the same from site to site but I would recommend give this option a go if you have been experiencing similar issues. The only downside is that Login Agent runtime takes slightly longer to become available. It is a small trade-off between more stable services and faster runtime availability.

Hi Bruce, we have a VM in production and we set  a a scheduler which contains 3 tasks:1.Login 2.Main process 3.Log out. every time after the second task completed, the 3rd task log out cannot be triggered and pending there. and we noticed that the VM connection lost. do you know why this happen?